Tools for Families
We believe that Family Ministry is not possible without considering the family as a whole! That means we want to partner with you to humbly point your child to absolute Hope.
With that in mind, we wanted to provide some resources that we believe will help you to disciple your kids and give you material to help inform your parenting.
Here you’ll find some tools & resources, including the Parent Cue. This tool gives you practical help in continuing the conversation that was started with your kids on Sunday morning. Check these out and find a way to work them into your conversations with your kids.
You will also find several topics that are provided to help you learn more about addressing specific issues with your children. We have intentionally culled these resources specifically for our Journey families, so you can rest assured that these are reliable sources.
- Website: Christian Counseling Centers of Indiana
- Website: Family Life
- Book: The Spark by Jay & Laura Lagoon
- Book: Love List by Les & Leslie Parrott
- Book: The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Book: Choosing to Cheat by Andy Stanley
- Book: Time Bandits by Stuart Briscoe
- Book: Sheet Music by Kevin Leman
- Book: Love for a Lifetime by Dr. James Dobson
- Website: Christian Counseling Center of Indiana
- Website: Family Life
- Website: Family Life Blended
- Book: Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel
- Book: Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Reggie Joiner and Carey Nieuwhof
- Book: Playing For Keeps by Reggie Joyner & Kristen Ivy
- Book: The New Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson
- Book: Single Parenting That Works by Kevin Leman
- Book: The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman
- Book: The Five Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
- Book: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. Marc Weissbluth
- Book: Parenting the Strong-Willed Child by Rex Forehand
- Book: On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo & Robert Bucknam
- Book: Successful Adoption by Natalie Gilespie
- Book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Adoption by Christine Ademec
- Book: The Complete Adoption Book by Laura Beauvais-Godwin & Raymond Godwin
- Book: So You Want to Adopt … Now What? By Dr. Sara Dormon & Ruth Graham
- Book: The Connected Child by Karyn B. Purvis & David R. Cross